LDF at LCC // Design
What is it good for?
14 September – 14 October
Private View: Wednesday 21 September, 6-9pm
Exploring issues such as social responsibility, ethics and personal accountability, this poster and manifesto exhibition questions what is design good for? The work rests on the belief that designers have agency and urges them to stand up and be citizens for what they believe in.
In a collaboration between London College of Communication, Swinburne University of Technology, Western Sydney University and Newcastle University, Australia, emerging creatives were invited to reflect on what design means to them and the kind of designers they hope to become.
Artwork featured in this exhibition will be displayed at both London Design Festival and at Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia. Read the exhibition brief to find out more.
The exhibition features work by students from:
- BA (Hons) Graphic Branding and Identity at London College of Communication, UAL
- Bachelor of Design (Visual Communication) at Western Sydney University
- Bachelor of Design at Swinburne University of Technology
- Bachelor of Communication Design at Swinburne University of Technology
- Bachelor of Communication Design at the University of Newcastle, Australia
Sun 18 Sept only 11am – 5pm, but closed all other Sundays
[Image credit: Lauren Berger]
LDF at LCC is part of London College of Communication’s public programme.